What’s Christmas without mince pies? Infuse them with CBD this holiday season for a relaxing treat.
- 1 large jar mincemeat (about 600g)
- 2 satsumas, segmented
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Icing sugar for dusting
For the pastry:
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg, plus 1 beaten egg for glazing
- 1 pipette of Cibdol CBD Hemp Seed Oil
- Place the flour and the butter in a bowl and rub together to form a crumb consistency.
- Add the caster sugar, CBD oil and one large beaten egg and mix.
- Flour a surface and pour the mixture out. Fold until the pastry comes together. Watch as to not over mix.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mincemeat into a bowl and add two segmented satsumas, one chopped apple and the lemon zest.
- Pre heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas mark 7.
- Roll out the pastry to 3mm thick.
- Take a round cutter, around 10cm in diameter, and cut out 16 bases, placing them into muffin trays. Place around 1½ tbsp mincemeat mixture into each. Brush the edge of each pie with a small beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cut 7cm lids and press them on top to seal. Glaze with a beaten egg. Sprinkle the tops with the extra caster sugar and make a small cut in the top.
- Place the mince pies in the oven, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown. After baking, let them cool before removing them from the muffin trays. Dust with some icing sugar and serve.