350g plain flour plus extra for rolling
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons mixed spice
1 tablespoon cbd paste
250g golden caster sugar
Zest of 1 orange
85g dried cherry
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put the flour, baking powder, spice and sugar in a large bowl, then mix well.
- Stir in the eggs, CBD and orange zest until the mixture starts to form clumps. Then mix the dough together with your hands.
- Add in the fruit and nuts, then mix until evenly distributed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 pieces. With lightly floured hands, roll each piece into a sausage about 30cm long.
- Place 2 on each tray, well-spaced out.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until the dough has risen and spread and feels firm. It should still look pale. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack for a few mins until cool enough to handle, then turn down the oven to 140°C.
- Using a bread knife, cut into slices about 1cm thick on the diagonal, then lay the slices flat on the baking sheets.
- Bake for another 15 mins, turn over, then bake again for another 15 mins until dry and golden.
- Tip onto a wire rack to cool completely, then store in an airtight tin for up to a month.