It’s World Chocolate Cake Day! Chocolate cake is a perfect treat. Whether for dessert or a cheeky sliver with a cup of afternoon tea. We all love a slice of cake.
No wonder there’s a day dedicated to it! We decided to infuse this birthday classic with CBD. Why not spend your afternoon baking our delicious CBD chocolate cake and treat yourself to a nice big slice. Go on, we won’t tell anyone!
For the cake
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, softened plus extra for the tins
- 4 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 6 pipettes of Hippie Turtle Herbal Co Raw 20% CBD oil
For the buttercream
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter, softened
- 400g icing sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Butter the base and sides of two 20cm round sandwich tins and line the bases with some baking parchment.
- Pour all your cake ingredients into a large bowl, and beat until pale.
- Divide your mixture between the two prepared tins. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean. (Make sure to place this in the middle of the cakes.)
- Let the cakes cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the buttercream. Chop 100g of milk chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds. Once melted, let cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mash 200g of softened butter and 400g icing sugar with a fork. Switch the fork for a wooden spoon or electric beaters, whichever you have to hand.
- Sift in 5 tbsp cocoa powder with a pinch of salt and pour in the melted chocolate and 2 tbsp milk. Mix again until smooth.
- Finally, grab a cake stand or large plate, sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream. Spread the remaining on top of the cake.
Let us know how you are enjoying our CBD-infused Chocolate Cake this Chocolate Cake Day! Tag us on our social media channels (@cannavistmag). Stay safe, stay home and enjoy CBD.