Some days you just feel yourself drawing closer to a delicious, aromatic and hearty meal to bring comfort to the day. Whether it’s been bad, stressful or pleasant, chicken curry is just the ticket. So read every word below to discover how you can dish up this mouth-watering CBD Chicken Curry recipe.
We’ve mixed aromatic spices with CBD to bring this botanical evening meal to life and give it a CANNAVIST twist. Our CBD Chicken Curry will provide a soothing taste sensation to finish the working day right or keep your head in the game all afternoon long.
For an extra helping hand, we chose to do it slow cooker style. Prepare this meal before work and leave it to cook throughout the working day. Take the hard work out by having a few hours of rest time between prepping and serving. This can be extra beneficial if you are hosting a dinner party with friends and family.
Check out our CBD Chicken Curry recipe below.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 15g ginger, peeled and grated
- 600g chicken breast, diced
- 400g chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 pipettes CBD oil, we are using Orange County CBD 500mg CBD Oil
- A small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- 600g steamed brown rice, to serve
- natural yogurt, to serve
- In a large frying pan, heat the ghee on a medium heat. Once melted, add the diced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until just softened. Be sure to stir the onion to ensure it is cooked through.
- Add the garlic, cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, CBD oil and turmeric to the pan, stir to combine the ingredients and cook for a further minute, until aromatic.
- Remove the onion mixture from the heat, and pour it into your slow cooker. Add in the ginger, chicken, tomatoes and chickpeas and stir. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook. Either cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- When cooked, add in half your coriander and all your lime juice and stir until mixed through. If you think it needs more seasoning, add more until it is too your taste.
- Gather your nearest and dearest and serve our CBD Chicken Curry with brown rice and a dollop of yoghurt. Sprinkle the remaining coriander on top and enjoy!
Tuck into this hearty but healthy meal this National Curry Week. Don’t forget to tell us how much you love the recipe. Tag us in your social media post so we can share the love (@cannavistmag).
Hungry for more? We have CBD-infused meals for all occasions. From fruit crumble and Yorkshire puddings to risotto and chocolate mousse. Head over to The CANNAVIST Cooking Theatre for a wide range of CBD recipes. For even more delicious recipes, head over to Readly to take a look at our past issues.
Love the sound of this delectable recipe? Discover more flavoursome CBD-infused recipes from The CANNAVIST’s recipe creator, Carrie Strouther:
- Fruit Crumble Recipe Infused with CBD
- CBD-infused Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Pina Canna Mocktail Recipe
- Chicken Salad with CBD Lemon Dressing
- Indulgent Chocolate Hemp Milkshake
- Exquisite CBD Summer Risotto
- Shamrock Cookies with a CBD Twist!
- CBD Pinã Colada Recipe
- National Yorkshire Pudding Day! A CBD-infused Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
- Yummy Pancakes with CBD Recipe